Friday, July 8, 2011

Restaurant Fridays - Channel Cafe

Welcome to Restaurant Fridays - my weekly review of the gluten free restaurant options in Boston and the surrounding areas. 


Channel Cafe


Channel Cafe is just across the channel bridge on Summer Street, which is about a five minute walk from South Station. I used to work across the street from Channel and would get my lunch there at least once a week. At the time the restaurant was under different ownership and sold the most delicious chick pea veggie burger that I've ever had, (I think it's still available during lunch). My office has since moved and I don't go to Channel Cafe as much. Recently I was looking for a place that was laid back, had good beer for Mike, Cider for me and dinner options that I could eat. We decided to try 'new' Channel for dinner.



We both had the $10 Burger and a Beer special. I got my burger bunless and traded the pita chips that come with the burger for some quinoa salad for a small up charge. It was made with apples, pears and cumin and had a nice sweet yet savory taste to it. The burger was perfectly medium and very tasty. It went really well with my draft cider for an inexpensive, laid back dinner out. 


Burger and Quinoa Salad From Channel Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment