Friday, August 19, 2011

Resteraunt Fridays - Amhreins Sunday Brunch

Welcome to Restaurant Fridays - my weekly review of the gluten free restaurant options in Boston and the surrounding areas.

Amrheins Restaurant


Amrheins has one of the best Sunday Brunches in Boston and was my last taste of gluten before being fully diagnosed with Celiac Disease. I had always thought I couldn't go back there because there wouldn't be any menu options for me, but it turned out I was wrong.


Spinach, Ham and Tomato Omelet

Upon arrival I asked if they served regular breakfast outside of the buffet brunch. I was told that they didn't, but that there were options available for me and that the chef would be out to show me what I could and couldn't have. This wasn't my first trip to Amhreins being gluten free, but it was my first brunch trip. I was more than pleasantly surprised to find that there were plenty of options for me to eat.


Sausage, Bacon, Corned Beef Hash and Fresh Fruit

I got an omelet with spinach, ham, tomato and cheese as well as a plate full of fresh fruit and breakfast meats. There were many more options beyond what I got, but there's only so much room in my stomach. This was all accompanied by several cups of coffee and only cost my very generous future in-laws about $20/ person. I will definitely be eating here again.

Tip: Want to avoid the crowds? Show up at 10am. Yeah, that makes it more breakfast than brunch, but it's worth it to avoid the crowd at the buffet table.

What's your favorite gluten free breakfast place?

No comments:

Post a Comment