Friday, August 12, 2011

Restaurant Fridays - 111 Chop House

Welcome to Restaurant Fridays - my weekly review of the gluten free restaurant options in Boston and the surrounding areas.

111 Chop House



This past Friday was my friend Dave's birthday so we all went out for dinner. Dave's birthday usually coincides with Worcester's Restaurant Week, (this year it is August 1st - 14th). He chose the Chophouse because he loves steak and restaurant week makes eating it affordable. Only $23.11 for a three course dinner!


I had heard that the Chophouse was good with food allergies and even had a gluten free menu, but I didn't realize they were going to be as great as they were.


Image from http://www.111chophouse.com/

When we arrived I asked for the gluten free menu, assuming that I wouldn't be able to partake in the restaurant week prix fixe menu. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that most of the restaurant week menu could be made gluten free! The waiter was extremely friendly and knowledgeable of food allergies and helped me navigate the options.


Surf and Turf Made Gluten Free

I ordered the Surf and Turf made gluten free, the house salad and the Raspberry Crème Brulée.

The salad was made up of half a head of iceberg lettuce, crumbled stilton cheese and diced tomatoes. It was tasty and light, which was a perfect starter to dinner. 

The Surf and Turf usually consists of a petite filet, topped with herb butter accompanied by four scallop-stuffed super jumbo shrimp and yukon gold mashed potato, accented by a lemon basil vinaigrette and red pepper oil. I opted to get just the jumbo shrimp without the stuffing. The steak was cooked to a perfect medium and the shrimp were savory and delicious. 


For desert I had the raspberry crème brulée, which I shared with my friend because it was pretty big. Let's just say... I heart crème brulée.


The food, the staff and the quantity of gluten free options make me want to visit 111 Chophouse again.



No comments:

Post a Comment