Friday, August 5, 2011

Restaurant Fridays - PF Chang's Take Out

Welcome to Restaurant Fridays - my weekly review of the gluten free restaurant options in Boston and the surrounding areas.



PF Chang's China Bistro


Mike and I had just taken the dog hiking in Dover and decided to grab dinner on the way home. It was pretty warm out and we were all grubby so we decided to grab take out. I typed "gluten free" into the yelp app on my phone and up came PF Chang's in the new Legacy Place outdoor mall in Dedham, MA. 




We've been there before and are both obsessed with the lettuce wraps on their gluten free menu, so it was a go. I ordered Singapore Street Noodles, Mike ordered non-gluten free orange peel chicken and we got an order of the gluten free lettuce wraps to share. 

Gluten Free Chicken Lettuce Wraps

We were only about 15 minutes away so I decided to pop into the amazing new Wholefoods Market they have down there and pick up some San Juan Seven Grain by Canyon Bakehouse. For some reason we haven't been able to get it at the Wholefoods we normally go to so it's been awhile since I've had it and was seriously in withdrawal. I love San Juan Seven Grain. Ten minutes later with two bags of it in my hands as well as a bag of the rosemary focaccia, we were good to go. 

We made the fairly short trek back home, fed the pooch and then dug in. The food was good, but one thing I forgot about was that I usually put tons of chili sauce on the Singapore Street Noodles when we're at the restaurant. Even without the added kick, the street noodles were tasty, filling and gluten free. Mike wound up eating my leftovers because they give you such big portions.

Gluten Free Singapore Street Noodles
 PF Chang's is a chain restaurant, but they always provide a safe, tasty, gluten free menu. The staff is always very knowledgeable and friendly and you can get take out! They can be found in various Massachusetts locations, (Boston - Prudential, Boston - Park Plaza, Cambridge, Dedham, Peabody and Natick). If you're on the run or looking for a sit down place, give PF Chang's a try.


What's your favorite gluten free menu item at PF Chang's?


1 comment:

  1. They don't have a lot of GF kids options so we choose to make our own at PF changs. We frequent the Dedham store and they are great there! We get the Noodles from the singaport street noodles, chicken, broccoli and a brown/sweet sauce on top... Hayden loves it! I usually have to pull the dish away so he doesn't over eat! He's diabetic too so we have to watch that.

    ReplyDelete