Saturday, October 15, 2011

Restaurant Fridays - Nancy Chang's (Worcester)

Welcome to Restaurant Fridays - My (mostly) weekly review of gluten free dining options in Boston, Worcester and their surrounding areas.


Nancy Chang's {Warning Site Has Music!}


You may or may not have heard this, but Mike and I are moving to Worcester from Boston, (sad face). I will still be working in Boston and I've made Mike promise to meet me there after work every other week so I can keep up with the blog and feel like I'm still part of the city. 


Nancy Chang's is one of Worcester's great gluten free options. If you are jonesing Chinese food and you're in the Worcester area, stop by and check it out. Mike and I were in town painting my future office and the blood red bathroom in the downstairs of the house we'll be living in. After a day of working, Mike's [awesome] parents took us and his sister and her family out for dinner. 


The group I was with, including my ravenous 1 1/2 year old nephew got the buffet and I ordered off of the gluten free menu. I went with the Chicken Lettuce Wraps, which I had planned on sharing and the stir fried rice noodles with chicken, shrimp, egg and vegetables.


Gluten Free Chicken Lettuce Wraps

The lettuce wraps were good, but I think I prefer the ones from PF Chang's because I really like water chestnuts. The sauce was tasty and the veggies were crunchy. I would order these again if we went back. The chicken is chopped small, (as shown), and is in some kind of clear sauce that's pretty mild. I, of course, dumped on some hot pepper to spice it up.

Stir Fried Rice Noodles

When the waitress brought out the rice noodles my first thought was where is the sauce and where are the vegetables?... After having a bite I found the "sauce" or flavoring and it was pretty tasty. As for vegetables, the only vegetable in the dish was carrots, which I mostly refuse to count as a vegetable because they're starchy. This dish needs some legit chinese vegetables thrown in it like bok choy or Chinese broccoli. 


All in all, this is a good place to get decent gluten free food, it just needs to have more veggies in their stir fry mixes.


No comments:

Post a Comment