Wednesday, February 8, 2012

How's It Going?

It's been more than a few weeks since my last post. Both product reviews and restaurant reviews have come to a stand still and the restaurant list is in dire need of updating from all of your excellent suggestions!


So, what have I been up? Wedding planning! Our wedding is less than two months away and we're currently in crunch mode. Also, along the way I managed to injure my lower back and have been in physical therapy twice a week. Add that to a commute that is over an hour on a good day and my beloved blog gets put on the back burner in favor of keeping my head above water. 


Please note any food allergies


Fortunately, my soon to be husband has been seriously helpful with grocery shopping and cooking. About a month ago, my friend was helping me into my wedding dress that I had purchased from Vow's in Watertown, Ma last summer. It fit, but was dangerously snug. Amid all the chaos, I had packed on more than a little bit of weight and was on track for seriously letting out my dress or having to buy a new one all together. Panic ensued and an Internet search for a diet began. I wound up finding a diet plan from Women's Health that claimed you could lose 10 lbs in a month if you followed it. I wasn't so sure that would be the case, but I figured I would try it anyways. After the first week of being hangry, (angry because you're hungry), my body adjusted and I've actually never felt better. The diet was easily adapted for my gluten free requirements and the fact that I have a sheet of paper telling me what to eat has taken the extra stress of healthy meal planning off my plate, (pun intended). 


We still have a lot to do, so articles may still be sporadic until April, but keep your eyes out. I recently received samples from Kettle Cuisine that I'm in the process of writing the review for and there's also going to be an article written about my very gluten free wedding shower and of course a final review on Willowdale Estate's gluten free wedding capabilities. 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats - and good luck with the upcoming nuptials!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, well the wedding bells are ringing. Congratulations!

    If you want absolutely fantastic desserts that even your non-GF friends will love, stock up on the DORSET cafe's goodies, which are now available in the frozen section of Whole Foods in Dedham.

    They have an outstanding Lemon Cheesecake, Chocolate Ganache Torte, and Coconut Torte that is superbly delicious in every way.

    The word is it may be available in more Whole Foods locations soon. I also went to the Dorset Cafe in Wellesley and they have the freshly-baked version of these items plus GF waffles and other treats.

    Dorset also had a few taste trials for the GF community and are coming out shortly with a line of gourmet GF donuts! They will also be launching their GF mini-baguette breads which are rumored to be as good as the real deal.

    To top it off, I had them do an entire GF catering for 40 people (about half needed GF foods and the other half didn't need GF but ate it anyway), and everybody loved everything they prepared.

    They have awards from Yankee Magazine, Reader's Choice, and have been written up in The Boston Globe, Chronicle, FOX News, and tons of other media features.

    When I find something this good, I want to tell everyone out there!

    Enjoy, and again congratulationd!

    ReplyDelete