Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Product Review: Peanut Wonder Wow!

It has been a super busy past few months and my "get fit" for the wedding plan took the back burner somewhere between moving, working full time, teaching a night class and injuring my back sneezing, (not even from doing something cool like doing jumps on my snowboard... sneezing...). There are only two and half months to the wedding and I'm mildly desperate to not out grow my very fitted wedding dress. In comes "the diet" or as I'd like to call it, "the torture". I can't stand being told what I can and can't eat. It's odd that I've managed to stay staunchly gluten free since day 1 with Celiac Disease. Anyways, my super awesome fiance has agreed to help me implement a healthy eating plan that I found. He's been kind enough to do all the grocery shopping and help and/ or prep most of my meals. 


On his last trip to the store he brought home what he thought was "natural peanut butter". Natural peanut butter if you haven't had it tastes kind of blah. It's just ground peanuts. Done. I first noticed that he had something different when I read the fat content on the back of the jar. 2 1/2 grams of fat.... what?! I started reading the ingredients and found that it was gluten free and contained peanut flour and other natural non-hydrogenated scary ingredients. So, what is this magical peanut butter like substance that won't add junk to my trunk you say? It's called Peanut Wonder!



Most manufactured "diet" foods are pretty scary. They come with all sorts of junky fillers and in my opinion are just as bad for you as their non-diet counterparts. I usually find myself grumbling at the grocery store because most of the food for sale is just artificial and chemical laden. Peanut wonder is not the case. It's low fat, smooth and pretty darn tasty. Don't get me wrong, you couldn't spoon this into your child's mouth and smuggly grin when you get a 35 minute break from them talking. 

If you're looking for a lower fat alternative to peanut butter that tastes good and isn't loaded with artificial ingredients, give Peanut Wonder a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment