Friday, December 30, 2011

Restaurant Fridays - Wild Willy's (Worcester)

Welcome to Restaurant Fridays - My Friday reviews of gluten free dining options in Boston, Worcester and their surrounding areas.


Wild Willy's - Worcester

I have no idea how it's taken me this long to write about Wild Willy's. I think it's because the burgers and sandwiches are so good that I usually scarf mine down before I remember to take pictures. Wild Willy's is a restaurant chain that has a several locations across New England. The owners of the Worcester location, (Bob and Jan Stein), have chosen to take gluten free to the next level.



A few years ago, when Mike and I first started going to Wild Willy's they only had a few burger and chicken sandwich options as well as a dedicated fryer for gluten free french fries. Over the past two years, they've added so much more to their gluten free menu. Now, all fried foods are gluten free, which means make room for onion rings!


Wild Willy's GF Burger

Upon entering Wild Willy's Worcester, you are greeted by the fun, warm cow boy decor and a friendly staff member waiting to take your order. Several of Willy's burgers and chicken sandwiches can be made gluten free and come in a bun stamped "GF". If you find that you like the buns, I believe they are still selling them by the four pack. 

Now, you can also order onion rings, which is a big treat for me. Other options include regular french fries and rosemary fries,  which are both delicious.

Gluten Free French Fries

Gluten Free Onion Rings

There are many other things on the menu, but this is what I always get because I love it. One other thing that Wild Willy's has that I completely love is the pickle barrel. So, if you like half sour pickles like I do, bring your quarters and save room for a crisp tasty pickle.




Overall, this is one of my favorite places to go in Worcester. You can get a bison burger if you're feeling daring or just a regular chicken sandwich. Thank you Bob & Jan for creating so many great options for gluten free people in the Worcester area. 

1 comment:

  1. I am also a HUGE fan of the Wild Willy's in Worcester! I live much closer to the one in Watertown, however that location does not have as many gluten free options as the one in Worcester (no onion rings, for instance). I wish they'd do *exactly* as the Worcester location does! In fact, maybe I'll write them a little note. :D

    ReplyDelete