Thursday, November 18, 2010

Five Minute Chocolate Mug Cake - Gluten Free!

My parents' next door neighbor Jen bought me a cook book at her church bazaar because it had gfree recipes in it, (and because she's awesome). I was thumbing through it tonight when I found a recipe for "In the Mood" 5 Minute chocolate Mug Cake (By Betty Miller). I told Mike and he couldn't have gotten up faster if I had put fire crackers in his pants. "Let's make this", he exclaimed. I of course, scrambled into the kitchen after him. We decided to use Bob's Red Mill Baking Mix for the first batch and I tried using Gluten Free Bisquick for the second, (the Bisquick was way better). Here's the recipe and pictures of the results. I'll warn you, this is by no means healthy, but it sure is tasty. I may even stick a candle in one for my birthday. ;o)


4 tbsp Flour (GFree Bisquick)
4 tbsp Sugar
2 tbsp Cocoa (Hershey's Special Dark)
1 Egg
3 tbsp Milk (fat free milk)
3 tbsp Cooking oil (Smart Balance)
3 tbsp Chocolate Chips (I've been using Ghiradelli without a reaction... so far).
Splash of Vanilla (McCormick)
1 Large Coffee Mug (I mean large... seriously I mean large or it overflows in your microwave)

In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, egg, milk and oil. Mix well and add chocolate chips and vanilla and mix again. Pour into coffee mug and microwave for 3 minutes. Cake will expand in the cup and like the picture... may overflow if you cup is too small.

Eat it in the cup, dump it in a bowl, put ice cream on it or whipped cream. Bottom line... enjoy it! It took me a whopping five minutes to make.





2 comments:

  1. yummmmm!!!! I will make it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of gluten-free Boston...I'm based in Randolph, Massachusetts, and I've just published a book called "101 Recipes for Gluten-Free Microwave Mug Cakes." I think you might enjoy the sample recipes on my site, www.microwavemugcakes.com. By the way, Hershey's chocolate chips are (according to the Hershey's folks) gluten-free, so those are the chocolate chips I recommend for my recipes. Why take chances?

    ReplyDelete